Family Christian School News!Read about the latest happenings at FCS and view grade level newsletters here.
Hello middle school math students and parents,
It’s been a busy few days over spring break. I hope you were able to have some fun moments this past week. This will be a general email for all middle school math students. Most communication from this point forward will be done on the FCS website and on Facebook.
To get started, please Facebook friend request me. You or your student (your choice) will need to request me as a friend. My name is Missy Tosspon. My picture is the icon. I have already received several requests. Once you are added as a friend, I will then invite you to join the appropriate private group for your student.
I have a private group for each grade level and will only be posting the content for each specific group in their particular group. For example, I have a 5th grade group and all 5th grade lessons will be posted on their group page.
I will be asking the students to do a couple of things for their online learning:
1. Be able to watch YouTube video lessons and follow along with their notes packet.
2. Complete homework in their notes packet and check their answers with provided answer keys.
3. Respond with a comment that they have finished a homework and checked it over. This will count as a completion grade.
4. Download various PDF files of homework, answer keys, quizzes, and tests.
5. Email me a PDF copy of their completed quizzes and tests.
Please make a note that I have created an email account specific to our online learning adventure. Please email all quizzes and tests to this email address-
I will follow up with grades on tests and quizzes by putting the graded work in each student’s individual file folder at school. This file folder also holds hard copies of various things we have for math while we are distance learning.
Above all, let’s pray for each other, show each other grace and patience as we are all learning a new way to have school.
Download Document Here:
Download Document Here: https://familychristianschool.org/wp-content/uploads/formidable/7/Newsletter-27-2020.pdf
Download Document Here: https://familychristianschool.org/wp-content/uploads/formidable/7/March-5.20.doc
FCS Middle School NEWS
Wednesday, March 4- Race for Education Day
Please note there is no Homework Help on this day.
Students can wear athletic shorts/pants WITH an FCS t-shirt. This is not a casual day.
• Please note there is no March Bible family activity. There will be one more in April that will go home the week after spring break.
• Friday, March 13 there will be NO HOMEWORK HELP.
• SAT Testing will be the week of April 20-23
• Mark your calendars for Friday, April 24. We are going to the movies at West Orange 5 to see Trolls 2. More info to come home soon. Can you chaperone? Please let your homeroom teacher know.
• Please make a note that we will no longer be selling a daily snack cart to students during school and at homework help. We will still have a weekly bake sale on Fridays. Please ask your students to be prepared with a snack from home if they have been using the snack cart at school for a snack. This also applies to homework help. Please send enough snacks if your student stays for homework help.
Dates to Remember
March 4th-Race For Education-No Homework Help
March 6- Ice cream sale
March 9th-March 13th-7th and 8th grade trip
March 13- NO BAKE SALE OR ICE CREAM SALE
March 13- NO HOMEWORK HELP
March 16th-March 20th-No school Spring Break
March 27- Middle school report cards go home today.
Monthly Home Study Hours
Students in grades 4th – 8th are required to submit a study hour form for each month showing a minimum of 4 hours of instruction/study done at home. Hours spent completing homework, reviewing for a test, reviewing class notes, or reading for school are acceptable. Study hour forms are available on the school website.
The study hours for February are due by Friday, March 6.
The study hours for March are due by Tuesday, April 7.
Download Document Here: